Join our team at Crownsavers to help serve the working community of SE postcodes with excellent savings and financial services.
View below our current vacancies.
- Find out full details by clicking here.
- Must be able to commit to at least 1 evening per month to attend board meetings (usually held in Catford)
- Must currently work, be self-employed, volunteer or study within a SE London Postcode (i.e. SE1) - Applications that do not meet this requirement will be automatically rejected
- Must be have at least 3 years experience in one of the areas of expertise listed above.
Non-executive directors will be expected to attend the Annual General Meeting in the 5th March 2020.
Deadline is end of February 2020.
To apply please contact Dolores with the details above.
This post is now filled
Member Service and Loan Officer
Hours – Full time 35 hours per week 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary – starting at £21,500 Depending on experience
Location – Crownsavers Credit Union - Catford SE6 2EJ.
Crownsavers credit union is a not-for-profit financial co-operative. We provide savings and affordable loans to our members.
We launched our services in 1997. Since then, we have grown to play an integral role in our working community. Originally known as Lewisham Employees' Credit Union, Crownsavers began by offering services to Lewisham Council. Since 2017, Crownsavers' services have been available to anyone employed in the London SE postcode.
We conduct our business in a way that is ethical and contributes to the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of the communities we serve. We aim to help people to be in control of their personal finances. We re-invest the money we generate from loan's interest to provide services to our members.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Member Services/Loans Officer. We are looking for an individual who has excellent customer service skills and preferably from a financial services background. To be successful you will be a strong team player, extremely organised and have excellent communications skills. Key deliverables for the role are as follows;
- Act as first point of contact on reception, over the phone, or electronically, with members including providing information on all aspects of their accounts and welcome to prospective and new members (includes account opening)
- Process loan applications within allocation in line with agreed policy, procedures and deadlines
- Assist with daily banking activities ensuring accurate and timely inputting, ensuring all security controls are in place to enable correct operation of the system and referring queries or anomalies to management promptly
- Process share withdrawals, direct debit, standing orders and other payment in line with agreed procedures and deadlines, to record all transactions,
- Create New Membership and process onto the system
- Assist in all bulk mail out, and distribution of all publicity related to the marketing of the business
- Processing all world pay instruction from member
- Take minutes at internal and external meetings for use by the team or management
- Identify potential improvements in process or policy that could contribute to continued benefits to members or the organisation
- Undertake general administration when necessary such as filing, post duties scanning and indexing
Loan Administration Deliverables;
- Provide support to Members with loan submission and administer all online and manual loan paperwork
- Collecting All loan Evidence
- Preparation and processing on the system of all Credit Union loan applications for approval
- Ensure credit check on loans are carried out
- Ensure daily end of day exceptions report are carried out by amending members account as appropriate, and sending out payroll or standing order forms
- Responsible for ensuring loan repaid letter is sent to members with required documentation, ensuring members account are updated
- Responsible for producing and updating members loans forms
- Dealing with inbound enquires on Loans
- Ensure credit union members are kept up to date with their loan application & receive the right information before, during and after their application
- Support credit Control Officer with Crownsavers’ Debt Control process.
Knowledge and skills required;
- Experience of working in a financial services/banking environment
- Experience of working with members/customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of banking/accounting system
- Highly organized and numerate
- Methodical in approach and a high degree of attention detail
Interested candidates should submit a full working CV to Dolores Beckford at d.beckford [at] crownsavers.co.uk by the closing date of the 31st January 2020 - contact us
If you would like to help thousands of workers in South East London with their financial wellbeing then volunteering at Crownsavers will give you an unrivalled experience. Our volunteers are a integral part of our team and assist with all different areas of the business, from member support to marketing.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, contact us and see if there are any new opportunities that you can help with.